UNIT 1, Lesson 13, Англійська Мова 8 клас, А.М.Несвіт
Ex. 1,p. 31
1. How long has Fleet Street been the home of the British Press?
2. What do newspapers provide to the community by giving information at little cost?
3. Where does she usually find the information about current events?
4. What kind of information does "Ukrainian Observer" usually describe?
5. When did they read the editorial and discuss it in class?
6. How fast is the information distributed by the "Interfax-Ukraine"?
Ex. 2, p. 31
Some newsletters began during the Renaissance in Europe. Merchants spreaded handwritten documents that described the latest wars, economic news, and human-interest stories. After Gutenberg invented the printing press in the fifteenth century, printed newsletters have appeared in the late 1400s. Many "news sheets" in the 16th century even had illustrations.
Ex. 3, p. 31
A: Let's buy a magazine to read. B: I don't know what magazine to choose. A: The choice of interesting magazines is great. What kind of articles are you interested in?
B: Magazines include articles on many subjects. I think Cool Magazine is interesting.
A: OK. They are finding some "how to" columns there. Experts write articles to give tips on how to do something. B: I like your choice.